Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Beginning of a long month

If you've happenned to notice my schedule, July is going to be a long month for me. This weekend is the Marysville Stage Race, which has always been one of my favorite events of the year. A Night Individual Time Trial, 6hr endurance, short track and hill climb race are on tap for Friday, saturday, and sunday. I'm excited about the endurance because I got 3rd in it last year and I am gunning for at least a repeat performance. The field is stacked though...all the usual people are coming and I'm sure both Hebe and Rob are hoping for wins. I'm excited and my legs feel good.

The weekend after that I'm headed up to New York (a new place for riding bikes) for the Windham NMBS race. Again really excited. After a quick stay in Albany with a friend from high school whom I have not seen since then, I'm headed up to Mt. Snow for Nationals. My race is Friday. I'm staying the entire time though. Gotta catch the Pro races in XC, STXC, DH, 4X... well pretty much everything... as well as Zach's race. He should win, it would be fun. I should win as well. That would also be fun.

To top that all off, the weekend after Nationals is the Wilderness 101. My goal is to have a solid ride and better my time last year (11:04) by somewhere between 1 and 2 hrs. The 101 is possibly my favorite race course ever. The singletrack in Rothrock is epic and the perfect reward for that 7 mile road you just ascended. Perfect I say... perfect. I am excited about this race.

Anyway, back to my lunch and a quick nap before getting pack to polishing thin sections. I have some high speed sprints (seems obvious doesn't it???? how would a sprint be low speed?) to do this afternoon, according to my handy training calender. mmmmmmmm sprints...

Peace...

No comments: