Sunday, September 14, 2008

Good ol' Michaux Riding

Now this is something I haven't done in a while. Went for a solid 2hr ride w/ Matt today. I gave him the grand tour of half of the Pine Grove SP area. Rode from the Furnace Stacks, up Creek Trails, to Michaux rd, then up to Brett's where we played on his rock and hit Derailleur Trail up. When we got out of the singletrack onto the road I almost ran over a 5+ft long black snake. Friggin huge it was! Unfortunately as soon as Matt got his camera out it scurried off into some hidey-hole and we couldn't find it despite poking around for a few minutes. We then headed up Ridge and Woodrow to Deer Bingo. We were followed for a bit by the tree sanctuary guy. I don't think he liked us on his road. Then it was onto Rattlesnake v.1, where I rode like a girl, and Rattlesnake v.2, where I rode like a girl and crashed on the hardest switchback (those of you who have ridden know). I have an ouchie on my forearm and a bigger ouchie on my leg. Ouchie. Then went down corkscrew, and down trail to nowhere to the bottom of woodrow. Then up the logsled connector, up logsled and down community to home. We proclaimed it a good ride and so it was. Next time Matt gets a tour of the Piney Mountain Ridge stuff...

4 comments:

themattmillerexperience said...

yeah man thanks fot the tour!

brett said...

dang trespassers! glad you had a good ride.

Zach said...

KERBLAAAAAH!

brett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.