Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring Break!!!!!

While most of my friends are in New Mexico enjoying a volcanology and tectonics trip with the geo department, I am sitting at home playing with my bikes.  I am sort of sad, but I really do need this time to get things straightened out so this racing season can start off proper like.  It will be good just to sleep in my bed as well.

Yesterday I accompanied Zach on his 8hr adventure.  We basically rode from above Long Pine Resivoir in Southern Michaux to Carlisle, via an area close to Boiling Springs on mostly trails and dirt road.  It was a jolly good time for all.  I rode my Intense for the first time in a while and realized a few things:

  1. Gears are good for long rides
  2. 26" wheels suck
  3. Full suspension sucks
Things I never thought I would say.  So now my Intense is pulled almost completly apart.  I think I may sell it after my new bike is completly built...

2 comments:

Matty said...

hey man, I'm one of those Michaux newbies that you helped out finding the trail entrance this past Saturday. Thanks again, by the way! just saw that you don't like your Intense. Why's that? I thought it was a pretty good looking bike!

-Matt

Jake said...

Oh don't get me wrong, I loved my intense, but that was before I spent a long time on a 29er. I feel more comfortable on the 29er, it suits my riding style better. The intense is a great bike though. How did your pre-ride go? Find all the course ok?