Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Apparently I can race cross

I suppose that last weekend proved I don't suck at cross.  Beacon and the Cat & Kitten Cross (henceforth known as HPCX) were my first two Eastern Collegiate Cycling Conference races of the season.  Beacon was on Halloween.  So I dressed up... like you do...


Borrowed from sister...

I registered late like always and started second to last row.  Finished 41st overall (my favorite place apparently...


Flowing in the breeze



Gunnar... Word



Head and shoulders knees and toes knees and toes...



This is getting easier

But the big news was that I finished 4th in the Collegiate B men... not that it had a podium or anything.  SOOOO... Sunday I decided to not put up with this mid-pack schist any more and see if I could actually race cross.  I scrummed my way into a second row start...


This is the second row...



Chabanov can ride his bike some



HPCX: a good test for my new Fango's... results: Fango's win!



Money Grab... made a dollar

So I raced myself into 17th overall and 3rd in the Collegiate.  In addition to the dollar I grabbed off the course I made $100 pitting for Myerson.  Good deal.  He's kinda fast so he like got a 4th and a 3rd on the weekend in the Elite Men's races.  Good on him.


Bike Change... Gunnar watches in awe


So that's pretty much that.  Pulled my crankset/bottom bracket apart Sunday night upon Coach's recommendation, only to find that Chris King bottom brackets are the schist.  All the grease inside was clean and some light brown colored water came out.  Yeah good products.

Next time you'll see me is at Mercer Cup... in the B race and in the pits for Jazzy in the Elite race.  Peace

1 comment:

The Wiser Weiser said...

Nice job---and nice tu tu! ;)