Monday, November 15, 2010

And Now For My Next Trick

I'm starting to feel the end of 'cross season coming soon.  I know I could extend it out until early December if I wanted to, but I think I'm going to hang up the tubie wheels after the Super Cross Cup this weekend.  Yes, I'm skipping Maryland States, which I probably could do pretty well at.  I will be in Binghamton for Thanksgiving, and I don't want to have to rush home.  The more days of not waking up to an alarm I can get in a row, the better, so I'm going to sleep in on Sunday and be happy.  Plus, I haven't seen Ms. Geology's family in while, so a good visit is due.

Yesterday I hopped on a mountain bike for the first time since September.  Not really much to say, except that the Shed is AWESOME! Seriously, some of the best riding I have ever done.  Rode a little over 20 miles total, spent about 6 hrs in the woods and about 3 actually (man all that stopping adds up fast).  My hands and arms are pretty wrecked from riding rigid SS for the first time in a while, but I'll be recovered and snappy by this weekend so I can rip around Long Island for a few days.  I'm excited for this race, especially since it's at a new venue.  Don't get me wrong, I liked the old course, but the fact that it's an hour or more past everything, and was cold and windy as balls the last time I was there (still the only cross race that I haven't stayed to watch the Elite races without having a good reason to leave) dissuaded me from going back last year.  So I'm back this year, driving an hour less, and crashing at my Aunt's house, which is all but 5 mi from the new venue.  It works out kind of nicely.

So I'm excited for taking a few weeks off (two probably), then starting to put down some base miles for next mountain bike season.  I have some new bike stuff in the works (hope to have that soon too), which is very exciting.  I'll be representing the Dark Side next summer as well, which I think will be really good.  Bed time now.  Then back to work tomorrow.

No comments: