Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Intergalactic

Every time I think about the Relay, this is playing in my head.  It should be playing in yours too:


Just like that song, the Relay is always fun.  This year I raced with a great group of guys:

Marc

Chris and Matt
As you can see Evil Carebear skinsuits were the order of the day, completely for their aerodynamic advantages, though, and not at all because they look wicked sweet.

We paced in 15 laps in a bit over 4 hrs, but it's more about hanging out with friends, and riding laps as fast as you can; kind of like a cross race.  I put in my fastest lap on my last one (a 15:32) as I was trying to bring Team Director/Darth Vader in.  I crossed the line a few seconds after he did.  Marc, though, was ripping some properly fast laps, which was sweet. Good on him.  Now for some more highlights from the day:

Aaron being fast.

Forrest guzzling the 29er Kool Aid.

Zach being a redneck/Amish/hippie thing.

Barry doing his first mountain bike race... I suspect we'll see him back...

Jacob Elingher, with some muscles on him.  Not a twig anymore!

Doing the body english.

Wes/Chris/Ed/Brett on his/their lap quest.

Diane going so fast she drifts the corner.

Now I have to let these stitches heal up, as spending 5 hrs in a chamois on Saturday did them negative good.  The doc that took them out said that the wound looked a bit infected, so I'm not on more antibiotics, and have to keep the thing dry until at least tomorrow.  Basically I haven't ridden my bike or showered since Sunday.  Ewwww...  Also my hands are super dry from doing dishes alright.  Yay for drugs that dry out your skin.  Now to heal up and hopefully get some meaningful rides in this weekend.