Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Announcements

This week marks the start of two things: the first is the 2015 mountain bike rassin season, and the second is a new chapter of my non-bike life. As of last Monday, I'm taking over my bosses position at work, so I'll be the Customer Care Manager. He's moving up into a sales management position. It's going to be really good for both of us as we continue to expand and grow. I'm pretty excited about this because it means I'll be able to spend more time at home with Mrs. Geology and more time riding my bike. Although it is a bummer that I'll be traveling less, I get to set the schedule so I can keep my really cool sites in Alaska and the Canadian sub-Arctic. It's going to be a busy time for me in the next six months while this transition takes place, but in the end, it will be good. It's good to feel like I'm valuable to my company.

In the bike world, I'm in taper mode for the True Grit Epic right now. It's the first race of the NUE Series, and the course is super fun. I'm lining up for the full hundred miler (2 laps, 88 miles), and I'm feeling stronger than I've felt in a very long time. All this training has done me good.

I did a few good rides this weekend. Saturday I did a road/trail loop on my mountian bike that included sliding down most of White Ranch because there was so much snow. It was that funny kind of ride where you'd just ride until you crash, and repeat until the bottom. It was a lot of fun.

Blue skies all day.

Selfie.

Road riding on mountain bikes.
Sunday I headed up the mountains and did a short (<3 a="" an="" and="" another="" bird="" blue="" but="" day="" didn="" dirt="" easy="" few="" get="" good="" hours="" hr="" i="" in.="" it="" jd.="" just="" kind="" loop="" many="" mountain="" much="" of="" on="" p="" pace="" pictures="" put="" really="" road="" roads.="" so="" stop="" t="" time.="" to="" was="" we="" went="" with="">
My next post will be after True Grit, so you have that to look forward too. My goal is to not crash and break everything this year.

Laters!

No comments: