Monday, August 3, 2009

101 from the other side

Seeing things from the other side is always interesting. For interest, not racing the Wilderness 101 but instead heading up with my dad and working Aid #3. Spent all day pretty much lubing chains and making sure people where mechanically ready to continue to race. Pretty uneventful, but actually a lot of fun. Then I swept the leg from Aid 3 to Aid 4 with Tim and Raymond. It took us 3.5hrs with pulling arrows and riding slowly behind any stragglers. It was a lot of fun. That leg of the race contains all the best singletrack, so I was greeted with a chance to slowly ride some of the trails that I have only ridden in an oxygen deprived, mentally deficient racing state. Beautiful trail is exactly that. I am happy about this. But next year I want to race.

Off to Mt. Snow on thursday. Should be fun.

No comments: