Monday, July 19, 2010

Like Raystown, but slower

Headed down to Fair Hill yesterday for the Classic, or more accurately the Fair Hill 50.  Riding 50 miles at Fair Hill should be a fairly easy thing, right?  Not too much climbing, no ridiculously gnarly trails, no descents that make you scared for your life.  Fair Hill, though, has a way of wearing on you.  50 miles there is hard.  The first lap, I felt like I was dragging a 50 lb weigh behind me for a while.  Second lap I started riding lighter, and was climbing very well.  Looks like this week of interval work helped.  I should be running in tip-top shape for the 101.  Not much more to say, going to take it easy and taper for the next two weeks.  Not much more mountain bike racing this year...

Updated with picture:

Photo by Tom Burrows

No comments: