Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cyclocross is a silly, expensive thing

I finally took the time to survey the damage on my 'cross bike today.  I say damage because it sat out in a bit of rain for a while during Transsylvania and didn't get any TLC until it was too late and un-ridable.  I'm still trying to remove one of the brake arms from the brake boss on my fork; much WD-40 has been involved, but to no avail so far.  I am now beset with a laundry list of parts I need to get her ready for 'cross season, so I may be resurrecting a few parts from last year to save a little money.  We'll see how that goes.  But in the meantime, my 'cross bike is nice and clean and shiny.

I secretly wish all my bikes were this color

For now I'll bide my time and see what my new team manager can hook me up with.  Oh yeah, I don't think I mentioned it, but I'm joining the Dark Side for 'cross this year; I'm riding for C3.  You've all seen them, and now I'll be sporting the sweet black kits.  Look for me near the front of a MAC race near you!

In other news, I got my plaque from the Hoo-Ha finally.  Looks like I finished 3rd after all.  For a while I thought I was sitting pretty in the dick spot (4th place), but they must have fixed their results.

It's heavier than it looks...

A good solid block of metal for a good day on the bike

Gonna hit the sack now, I need to prepare for what looks to be a rainy training ride tomorrow in preparation for the Wilderness 101 at the end of the month.  Maybe a rainy ride is what I need right now...

No comments: