Monday, September 27, 2010

Whirlygig

Been a few years since I hit Whirlygig (bird) Cross.  Last time I raced there it poured all day, and ended up being a little less than fun.  I had bike issues, which led to a crap race.  Yesterday.  I did not have bike issues.  I did not have leg issues.  I did not have cramping issues.  In fact I had a pretty good race.  It would have been nicer to have a higher placing at the finish (50th), but I started further back than that, so I guess that's good.  I guess that since I missed the first two rounds of the MAC, so I have absolutely no points.  I am relegated to the back of the pack, and unless I produce some super-human efforts (a la Cameron Dodge who won the B race starting from 1 row in front of me... good on him), or just get faster overall.  I'm thinking that faster just might be in order.  Faster over barriers, faster in the start, faster in the corners, faster on the flats.  Faster means training, which means fun bike riding all the time.  I suppose that's the best way to think of it.  And fun bike riding means 'cross practice once a week, which makes me excited. So I had a good race this weekend.  I really don't have much more to say about it.  I'll leave you with a few pictures, courtesy of Ms. Geology.

High speed barriers are sketchy... 

Ms. Geology thinks that this is a happy face... it is not a happy face 

She also likes taking pictures of me immediately post race...

Going to hit up some MABRA races for the next two weeks, then the infamous and awesome Granogue Cross... I'm excited, are you excited, BECAUSE YOU SHOULD BE!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: