Wednesday, October 22, 2008

All Good Things... (Part III)

In a departure from its Star Trek TNG namesake, I now move on to part III of my life since I took an unplanned vacation from the blagosphere.  This part will be shorter and hopefully wrap up everything...

The next big thing that happenned was that I finished my daily driver for the winter.  Pictures of the new Vassago Jabberwocky in all it's sexy orange-ness will be available as soon as I remember to bring a camera on a ride.  The build-up story is actually kind of funny.  Bretto emailed me at like 2:30 last wednesday saying that whY Be Racin cross practice was cancelled and that I should come ride.  I followed up with the fact that I didn't have a MTB that was in riding condition yet.  He followed with an offer to help me built it with his spare parts.  This we did, and I took the Jabberwocky on its maiden ride on October 15 at 6:30PM under the lights of my NiteRider TriNewt.  It was beautiful.  I don't know how I ever rode bikes with small wheels.  I also really like that I have to re-learn how to ride technical stuff now that I no longer have the aid of 4 plush inches of suspension under me to cover my ass.  This winter will be most fun.

I think that's it.  The next thing I did was race some more cross, but I will have to tell you about that later as it's fucking late and I want to go to fucking bed...

3 comments:

Gunnar said...

Your single speed looks sick! Cross sweet isn't it!

brett said...

thanks for the shiny bits on the stump.

Zach said...

update jake!!!