Sunday, October 26, 2008

Crossin updates

So contrary to popular belief I have been 'crossin it up as of late. Last weekend was the Granogue and Wiss UCI cross weekend. Which freakin kicked ass. It was my first MAC race, and I lined up in the B field. At Granogue, since it was a UCI C1 race everyone got call ups based on your race number. I was number 761. Numbers for the B race started at 700 (aka Jeff). I was about 7th row. Ended the race in 53rd. So I moved up. Yay.

Zach is so pro... start of Granogue



I just make it by... into the barriers section at Granogue

Next day was the cross race at the Wiss. It went much the same. Missed the mass call up at the start and started pretty near the back again. Worked up to 45th. The best news is that Topher (that's right, that Topher, like 5th place SS at the 101 Topher) had a little duel going, and I ended up beating him. I suppose that's good.

The next weekend (it's 10/25 now) was the Whirlybird Cross at Bryn Athen College. Funny fact: I did a wrestling tournament at that very gym in 11th grade and won. I knew as soon as I pulled into the parking lot. Unfortunately, passed wins didn't give me speed, and 2 crashes and a pit stop later (to fix both derailleurs) I finished a lackluster 21st. smaller field, so in about the same spot.

So last weekend I didn't do any cross racing and instead hit up Big Flat with Brett, Donna, Larry, Jim, Don, and Lin for a sweet ass ride on new trails. I love the camp trails. Ride finished on Camps 1 and 2. Sessioned Ego Rock for a while (see here for pics). It was awesome, and Juni performed admirable. For those of you who are looking at your computer screen with a disturbed glare, Juni is my singlespeed. Don't know why I chose that name, it just seemed to fit.

Now I have a research proposal to write... peace. Maybe I'll be better about updating from now on... probably not though...

2 comments:

Gunnar said...

nice, are you racing this weekend?

Jake said...

yeah man. I'll see you there...